Everton FC

ESPN FC - Everton News 22 Feb 20:01

Fantasy Football: Popular XI

ESPN's Mark Donaldson reveals this week's fantasy football theme and his lineup ahead of matchday 28 in the Premier League.

ESPN FC - Everton News 22 Feb 19:41

Premier League Predictor: Week 28

ESPN FC's Mark Donaldson and Paul Mariner square off in predicting all of the Premier League fixtures from week 28.

Everton – teamtalk.com 22 Feb 18:04

Euro Paper Talk: Real playmaker tipped to snub Chelsea; Liverpool handed big boost in chase for La Liga star

Chelsea have been tipped to miss out on a Real Madrid playmaker, while Liverpool have been given hope of a summer deal for a top target after he sought showdown talks with Real, according to Thursday’s European papers.

 

CHELSEA SET FOR ASENSIO DISAPPOINTMENT

Real Madrid will not allow playmaker Marco Asensio to join Chelsea this summer, according former MLS star Alejandro Moreno.

The Blues are one of a number of top clubs who are monitoring the Spain star’s situation at the Bernabeu, as Real prepare for a summer clear-out of some of their top stars.

Asensio, however, has been a regular under Zinedine Zidane this season, scoring 10 goals in 36 appearances for the La Liga giants.

And ESPN pundit Moreno believes there is no way that the 22-year-old will allowed to move on at the end of the season.

“I don’t think Real Madrid is in a position to allow a talent like Marco Asensio to go,” the Venezuelan said.

“I think he has been one of the players that has turned Real Madrid around over the last couple of weeks.

“It feels as though this is the sort of player that you can build around rather than just send them somewhere else.

“I think he stays at Real Madrid.”

 

28-SECOND APPEARANCE BRANDED AN INSULT AS STAR ASKS FOR REAL MADRID EXIT

Dani Ceballos has demanded showdown talks with Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane, according to reports in Spain.

Mundo Deportivo claim the player is fuming with the Real boss after finally giving him his first taste of first-team football this calendar year during Wednesday’s 3-1 win at Leganes. But the player feels his injury-time introduction, in which he failed to touch the ball, is an insult and is now demanding clarification from Zidane if he has a future at the club.

According to reports, Ceballos will use the meeting to demand the chance to join Liverpool in the summer, should the Reds renew their interest.

It’s suggested he will demand Zidane gives him guarantees and more match action before the season is out – or he will push to leave in the summer.

The player has played only 188 minutes in La Liga games so far this season – not enough for a man considered one of the brightest young talents in Spain.

Ceballos has a €500m release clause in his contract, but it more likely to be valued at around €40million should a move materialise this summer.

Spanish journalist Cristobal Soria, who has a close relationship with the midfielder, meanwhile has told El Chiringuito TV that he was keen to join the Reds in January.

“Ceballos wanted to go to Liverpool in winter and the club wouldn’t let him. Something’s going on,” he said.

“He went on to say that the Spaniard is doing all he can to get more game time.

“He works and sacrifices himself as the most. That’s why he doesn’t understand. But he wants to keep fighting.”

 

Want news and features on the Reds on your Facebook timeline? Like our dedicated Liverpool page.

 

AND THE REST

Manchester United are ready to throw everything at beating Real Madrid to the €200m signing of Neymar – should PSG give any indication they are willing to sell the €250m-rated Brazilian (Don Balon)

Lionel Messi has urged Barcelona to sanction a swap deal that would see €105m Barcelona man Ousmane Dembele leave for Atletico Madrid – with Antoine Griezmann moving the other way for his €100m release clause (Diario Gol)

Arsenal and Roma target Yannick Carrasco is close to joining Chinese Super League club Dalian Yifang from Atletico Madrid in a €70m deal (Marca)

Emre Can won’t make any decision or announcement over his future while Liverpool remain in the Champions League – in case the Reds draw one of his potential suitors in Juventus, Bayern Munich, Real Madrid or Manchester City (Tuttosport)

Real Madrid would be willing to sell Gareth Bale this summer should his €90m asking price be met (Marca)

AC Milan have put talks with Antonio Conte on hold – thanks to the success of Gennaro Gattuso (Calciomercato)

Napoli coach Maurizio Sarri believes one-time Liverpool target Piotr Zielinski has the potential to be as good as Manchester City superstar Kevin De Bruyne (Corriere dello Sport)

Liverpool target and Valencia loan star star Geoffrey Kondogbia has revealed that if he had the money he would pay his own €25m buyout clause to push through a move away from Inter Milan (Calciomercato)

Gremio midfielder Arthur has confirmed his move to Barcelona is ‘on track’  – but he has not yet signed a deal with the Catalan giants (Diario Gol)

Arsenal, Manchester United and Manchester City have shown interest in longstanding Barcelona target Matthijs de Ligt of Ajax (Mundo Deportivo)

Mauro Icardi’s agent/wife Wanda Nara has given Real Madrid and Manchester United fresh hopes to sign the Argentinean at the end of the season (Corriere dello Sport)

Experienced Ghanaian midfielder Sulley Muntari has earned a contract with Deportivo La Coruna after a successful trial (Gianluca Di Marzio)

Chelsea and Manchester United have received mixed messages over €60m target Alex Sandro (Gazzetta dello Sport)

Zenit defender Domenico Criscito has agreed to make return to Genoa at the end of the season (Il Secolo XIX)

David De Gea has told friends that Jose Mourinho is willing to let him leave for Real Madrid at the end of the season, provided the La Liga giants offer German midfielder Toni Kroos in exchange (Don Balon)

Philippe Coutinho has reportedly told Barcelona teammates that Liverpool are in the market to sign Karim Benzema (Don Balon)

AC Milan left-back Luca Antonelli is interesting Fiorentina this summer (Gazzetta dello Sport)

 

The post Euro Paper Talk: Real playmaker tipped to snub Chelsea; Liverpool handed big boost in chase for La Liga star appeared first on teamtalk.com.

Everton News plus Fixtures, Scores, Results and Transfers | Mail Online 22 Feb 17:32

Wayne Rooney turned down China move to rejoin Everton

Wayne Rooney chose the pressure of returning to Everton over a massive pay day in China. He was linked with a move to the Far East in the final months of his Manchester United career.

Everton – teamtalk.com 22 Feb 16:22

Rooney explains why he chose Everton after Man United departure

Wayne Rooney chose the pressure of returning to Everton over a massive pay day in China, according to the man himself.

The former England captain was linked with a move to the Far East in the final months of his Manchester United career, but eventually decided on an emotional homecoming at his boyhood club 13 years after leaving.

Rooney told BBC’s Football Focus he decided against seeing out his career “earning a lot of money” overseas.

“That’s not me, I need those goals, I need that pressure. That desire to play would have been lost if I’d chosen that other option,” he said.

“I knew that coming back to Everton was more pressure – that’s what I wanted.

“I wanted to prove myself again to the Everton fans and to try to help this club move forward and win silverware.

“I think it was the perfect fit for me and hopefully in the next two or three years we can do that.”

Last month manager Sam Allardyce suggested he could not play Rooney and £45million summer signing Gylfi Sigurdsson in the same side.

That led to Rooney spending a couple of matches on the bench, but the last two games he has started, in a deeper role, resulted in the club’s only two wins in the last 10 fixtures and it now seems Allardyce is open to the options the 32-year-old can offer.

“The one thing which stays is my attitude to playing, my attitude to win, but of course you change and adapt your game and that’s what I feel I’ve done over the last few years,” Rooney added.

“Two years ago, I thought my best position to play was midfield, and that’s starting to happen now.”

 

The post Rooney explains why he chose Everton after Man United departure appeared first on teamtalk.com.

ESPN FC - Everton News 22 Feb 15:59

Wayne Rooney: Pressure at Everton better than money in China

Wayne Rooney wanted to keep his desire to play by returning to Everton. Wayne Rooney chose the pressure of returning to Everton over a massive pay day in China. The former England captain was linked with a move to the Chinese Super League in the final months of his Manchester United career, but eventually decided on a homecoming at his boyhood club 13 years after leaving. Rooney told BBC's Football Focus he decided against seeing out his career "earning a lot of money" overseas. "That's not me," Rooney said. "I need those goals. I need that pressure. That desire to...

Everton News plus Fixtures, Scores, Results and Transfers | Mail Online 22 Feb 15:02

Yannick Bolasie raps about 17 of his Everton team-mates

Everton were just glad to get Yannick Bolasie back on the pitch after his extended absence through injury. But it seems as though his presence will also be a positive for the dressing room.

Everton – teamtalk.com 22 Feb 11:12

Eight wild football nights out: Taxi gate, dentist chair, FBI ? PF

The post Eight wild football nights out: Taxi gate, dentist chair, FBI – PF appeared first on teamtalk.com.

Everton – teamtalk.com 22 Feb 10:18

Roberto Firmino speaks out after being cleared of racial abuse

Liverpool forward Roberto Firmino has released a statement after the FA cleared him of racially abusing Everton defender Mason Holgate during the Merseyside derby in January.

The two players had to be separated by officials during the heated exchange, with the two exchanging words after Holgate had nudged the Brazilian into the crowd.

The FA subsequently opened an investigation after an allegation of discriminatory conduct, but it was announced on Wednesday that no action would be taken.

Firmino kept quiet while the probe was ongoing, but after being cleared of any wrongdoing, the player released a statement.

It read: “As difficult as it has been to remain publicly silent, given the serious and damaging nature of what it was claimed I said during the game, I did so to demonstrate my respect for the process and to allow the issue to be investigated in the most thorough way.

“It is critical for football that tackling racism and all forms of discrimination is taken extremely seriously. As someone who has experienced racist abuse during my life, I know how damaging and hurtful it can be.

“Now the process is concluded, I would like to place on record, for the avoidance of any doubt, I did not say the word, or a variation of the word, that was claimed and subsequently reported in the media.

“I did not use any language that referenced race. I did not – and would never – reference a person’s skin colour or culture, by means of insult, during a dispute or an argument.

“There is no place for discrimination on a football pitch, or anywhere else in life for that matter.

“I am pleased after exhaustive reviews of all the evidence, in this specific incident, the matter is resolved.”

 

Everton released a statement of their own following the FA’s announcement, stating Holgate made his complaint in “absolute good faith”.

 

Want news and features on the Reds on your Facebook timeline? Like our dedicated Liverpool page.

 

More from Planet Sport: The day Federer and Agassi played the coolest tennis match in history. (Tennis365)

 

The post Roberto Firmino speaks out after being cleared of racial abuse appeared first on teamtalk.com.

Everton – teamtalk.com 22 Feb 09:26

Paper Talk: Spurs star to snub Real; Wenger makes Welbeck plea

A Tottenham star insists he is not interested in moving to Real Madrid this summer, while Arsene Wenger has urged an Arsenal striker to sign a new contract, according to Thursday’s papers.

 

SPURS STAR TO TURN DOWN REAL

Tottenham defender Davinson Sanchez has insisted that he is not interested in a move to Real Madrid this summer.

The club’s record signing, who joined from Ajax for £42million last summer, is among a number of players to have been linked with a move to Real as the Spanish giants look to revamp their squad after a disappointing season domestically.

The 21-year-old has had an impressive first season in the Premier League, despite the odd slip-up along the way, and has even kept the returning Toby Alderweireld out of the side as Spurs have embarked on an impressive run of form.

 

Like our dedicated Tottenham Facebook page for the latest news to your timeline

 

However, despite links to La Liga, Sanchez admits he is happy in London, according to a report in the Daily Mirror.

He said: “I do not think about money or where it is. Right now, here in Tottenham I am very good. I am playing every three to four days. I am being important in the team.

“As big as Madrid is, no matter how big a team are, that has won what they have won, if the conditions are not favourable for me, unfortunately I cannot accept.”

 

AND THE REST

Several European clubs have been contacted by a representative of Paul Pogba amid speculation over the Frenchman’s future at Old Trafford (Daily Mirror)

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger wants England striker Danny Welbeck, 27, to sign a new contract (Daily Mail)

Manchester City target Fred has admitted to being flattered by compliments from Pep Guardiola (Daily Mirror)

Skipper Simon Francis wants to see out the remainder of his career at Bournemouth (Daily Mirror)

RB Leipzig are plotting to snatch Tottenham’s best prospects following the arrival of talent-spotter Paul Mitchell (Daily Mail)

Harry Maguire is ready to disappoint Man City boss Pep Guardiola – by pledging his future to Leicester (The Sun)

France boss Didier Deschamps has questioned Jose Mourinho’s decision to drop Paul Pogba (The Sun)

Arsenal are favourites with the bookies to sign Lyon star Nabil Fekir (Daily Star)

Real Madrid want Thibaut Courtois to stall on signing a new Chelsea contract until April as the goalkeeper prepares to go head-to-head with another of the Spaniards’ targets, David de Gea. (Daily Telegraph)

West Brom are closely monitoring Ostersunds FK manager Graham Potter amid speculation over Alan Pardew’s future at the Hawthorns (Daily Mail)

Manchester United are keen on Dinamo Zagreb’s 19-year-old Croatian midfielder Nikola Moro, who has been described as the ‘new Luka Modric’ (Talksport)

Atletico Madrid’s 24-year-old Belgian forward Yannick Carrasco is close to joining Chinese club Dalian Yifang for about 30m euros (£26.4m)

Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema, 30, is wanted by four French clubs including Lyon and Paris St-Germain

Mark Clattenburg is in talks to make a stunning return to referee again in England (Daily Express)

The post Paper Talk: Spurs star to snub Real; Wenger makes Welbeck plea appeared first on teamtalk.com.

Everton News plus Fixtures, Scores, Results and Transfers | Mail Online 21 Feb 23:08

Roberto Firmino cleared of racially abusing Mason Holgate

The Brazil international clashed with Everton defender Holgate during the FA Cup third round tie at Anfield on January 5. After an exhaustive 47-day process, the FA finally released a statement.

ESPN FC - Everton News 21 Feb 19:52

Roberto Firmino won't face discipline as result of Mason Holgate allegation - FA

Shaka Hislop and Mark Donaldson discuss what makes the Mane-Salah-Firmino partnership so effective and how they compare to other attacking trios around Europe. The English Football Association (FA) have confirmed that they will be taking no disciplinary action against Roberto Firmino in regards to the allegation made by Everton's Mason Holgate. Holgate had alleged that he heard Firmino direct a discriminatory term towards him during Liverpool's FA Cup tie with Everton on Jan. 5. However, the FA said on Wednesday evening, nearly seven weeks after the incident, that they had reviewed all of the available evidence and did not consider it sufficient to raise...

Everton News plus Fixtures, Scores, Results and Transfers | Mail Online 21 Feb 15:11

Cenk Tosun believes he can fire Everton to silverware

January signing Cenk Tosun is confident he can become the striker Everton need as they strive to end their trophy drought. Tosun has been an unused sub in two of Everton's last three games.

Everton News plus Fixtures, Scores, Results and Transfers | Mail Online 20 Feb 20:35

Idrissa Gueye extends Everton contract until 2022

The 28-year-old has scored three goals in 64 appearances since arriving from Aston Villa back in 2016 and has been a mainstay in the Toffees' midfield.

ESPN FC - Everton News 20 Feb 19:48

Gueye: New contract is good for me and Everton

Idrissa Gueye opens up about his contract extension with Everton, which keeps him at the club until 2022.

Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Everton | BBC 27 Jun 14:28

Everton close in on striker Onyekuru

Everton are close to completing a £7m deal for KAS Eupen's Nigerian striker Henry Onyekuru.

Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Everton | BBC 22 Jun 17:56

Everton set to sign Malaga striker Sandro

Everton are close to completing the signing of Malaga and Spain Under-21 striker Sandro Ramirez after meeting his £5.2m buy-out clause.

Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Everton | BBC 15 Jun 23:24

Klaassen completes 23.6m Everton move

Everton complete the £23.6m signing of Ajax captain and Netherlands midfielder Davy Klaassen on a five-year deal.

Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Everton | BBC 15 Jun 18:10

Everton complete record Pickford deal

Jordan Pickford becomes the most expensive British keeper after Everton pay £25m - rising to what would be a club record £30m - to sign him from Sunderland.

Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Everton | BBC 14 Jun 10:00

Premier League fixtures in full

Find out your club's full fixture list for the 2017-18 Premier League season.

Current Table



background image